Perilous Black Molds

Black Mold

What can be done with black molds? (Photo Credits)

Black molds can be very dangerous to the health of any person, especially those who may have allergies and respirator sensitivities like bronchial asthma. Babies, young children, and the elderly are especially vulnerable to the ill effects of black molds.

Black molds love damp and moist environment, and so, when water damage has not been properly treated, it is a big possibility that these organisms can just grow in the damaged area.

Psych Central further elaborated the health issues that toxic black mold can cause.

“Spores can be breathed, received through the skin or eaten on our food. And, since some people are more sensitive than others, one individual may become incapacitated by exposure to mold in the house, another person partaking in the same environment is virtually untouched. Infants, the aged and anybody with immune system insufficiencies due to sickness, chemotherapy, etc. are particularly prone to severe illness after exposure to microbial infection.”

Read the whole article here.

Toxic Black Mold Exposure

Dr.Pompa.com also shared more information about this dangerous variety of molds.

“Stachybotrys is a virulent and very dangerous toxic black mold. The trichothecene mycotoxins produced by Stachybotrys are neurotoxic, meaning they can cross the blood brain barrier and kill brain neurons. With exposure, symptoms may include brain fog and mental confusion, extreme respiratory issues, circulatory problems, tremors, bleeding, vision challenges, immune system suppression and a myriad of other health challenges. And continued Stachybotrys exposure can prove lethal. In fact, with serious Stachybotrys infestations, houses and their contents had to be burnt to the ground because the mold spores were so dangerous.”

Check out the rest of the article here.

Warning signs

Spotmold.com for its part broached the idea that genetics may have to do something with illness due to mold exposure. Read more here        

“This research is very significant because it demonstrates that up to 25% of the population has a genetic pre-disposition that makes them more susceptible to mold illness and the condition known as Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS). Because of this research, the scientific community and legal system is now taking much greater notice because diagnostic tests, lab tests and treatment tools are being developed to help these patients.”

See the rest of the article here.

To prevent black molds from growing, water damage should be treated immediately.

Ways to Ease Mold Problems following Water Damage